Monday, March 14, 2016

COMPANY: Product/ service mix


The main sources of revenue from The Radar magazine are the ad sales. The structure of the ad pricing is such that we will charge a lower price for ads positioned on the internal pages and a premium price for ads on the external pages and adjacent. Additional revenue will also come in via magazine subscriptions; we are projecting about 1,000 sales of subscriptions.  

The breadth of the products/service that we are offering for advertisers is narrow, however since we have a varying number of ad size the depth is slightly deep.


The breadth of the products/service that we are offering for readers is narrow and the depth is shallow as there is only one item type in each of the three areas. 

2 comments:

  1. I am going to draw on my experience in working with a magazine again because this is information I would want to know if I were starting a magazine. Some/many/all? magazines also pad their magazines with ads that have been given at a discount, for free/in trade. Not every ad in a magazine is truly commanding the rates you see on the rate card. For example, Oblique lost one of its paying advertisers to Mount Pleasant Magazine because someone at Mount Pleasant Magazine did a trade - free gym membership for gym owner's family in exchange for an ad in the mag.

    I would recommend getting as much insider information as possible when projecting these numbers. Again... something I never would have known about had I not worked in the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret,
    Will consumers have the option to bundle the printed publication content with the web or mobile content? I ask because I'm seeing a lot of published material offered with a print and digital issue....

    ReplyDelete