Wednesday, March 30, 2016

MARKET:Customer Interview No.3

1) Provide (embed) the video or audio recording of your interview with the customer. As an alternative, you can provide the transcript of your interview but it will take you a lot of time. Thus, I would strongly recommend to go with the video or audio recording. Posts without evidence of the conducted interview won't be accepted. 
Embedded is my conversation with Stacey an African American female who could be a potential reader of my magazine. Small Business Interview No. 3
2) Describe the most interesting and useful insights about your customers that you learned through this interview. 
This interview was interesting in that the reader expected (knew) that there would be an issue locating information, but she didn’t have an immediate recollection of having done a search. This reader, a highly educated professional, as a medical doctor, gives me pause in my theory. Type A, highly motivated individuals are going to reach their life goals despite everything. My magazine will be helpful to them – but they probably won’t seek me out and they will probably be circumspect.
3) Describe if there is anything you learned about interviewing process. How did you feel during the interview? Was it easy or not? Do you feel like you need to adjust any of your questions or your overall approach?

These questions were not really helpful in this conversation. I found that I did more talking than the customer – as I tried to explain the questions. After the first customer interview, where I dropped one question; I reviewed the questions again before this customer interview. As I started this second customer interview process I was fairly confident in the questions. At the completion of the interview – I had very little confidence in them as a means to gain insight. But on reviewing the material, I found this interview extremely helpful, because the answers were so unexpected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment