Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Half-Way Through: Reflection



1) What did you learn during this month?
I enjoyed learning about the different resources that are available for research such as IBISWorld and Hoovers. The ease of which you can generate a report on any business type with real data that won’t embarrass you is amazing. I had not used those resources before and I will use them in the future. In fact I have already used that for other needs and projects.

2) What do you like about this course?
I like the fast pace of the assignments. I like the self-grading; I like the short format of the videos which makes it easy to knock out a few assignments and feel as if you are making progress. I also think I’m learning quite a bit about what makes a viable business as the feedback from my class mates is invaluable. The blog is a great tool for class collaboration.

3) What don't you like about this course?
Sixty assignments is a tremendous amount to accomplish in eight weeks. If I were to change anything I would reduce the number of interviews.

4) Do you think it was a fair assumption that this course requires 8-10 hours of work per week? What has been your experience so far and why?
I think it’s a fair assessment that assignments could take that long in some cases; but it’s great that they require various amounts of time. I have found that some are simple and quick and others require research or collaboration which definitely prolongs the amount of time.  



5) If it were up to you what would you change about the course to make it better?

Actually this is a excellent course. I can't recommend a change just because it's something that I find challenging, because without challenge there is no growth. As I mentioned the interviews were not my favorite, but they are a necessity in getting to know your customers. Since I like to work fast, I would make the entire course available on the first day including the lists for student comments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment