Friday, March 11, 2016

INDUSTRY: Information Sources

The following is a list of seven industry information sources that I find useful for magazine publishing research.

  1. Industry association websites, such as MPA – The Association of Magazine Media as they are the primary advocate and voice for the magazine media industry. This provides a great way for me to determine the pulse of the industry.
  2. Industry reports – this will give me the chance to keep abreast of the latest business trends and opportunities.
  3. Hoovers report – this provides a broad spectrum of what’s happening in my business at a glance.
  4. IBISWorld US – I would use this for the same reason that I would use Hoovers. It’s also an avenue for me to quickly locate other sources of information on my industry.
  5. Trade journals – this should be a great source for industry trends.
  6. Industry reports on supply chain – this information directly affects my business so it makes sense that I’m familiar with all of its aspects.
  7. Internet blogs – they are a great way to find anecdotal information and others interested parties comment on blogs; it’s a nice place to view opposing points of view.



No comments:

Post a Comment